Friday, September 23, 2011

Update on W........ T.......... and family

Some of you have been wanting an update about W......... T.........

Sunday Sept 11
he and step-son K....... (11 yrs old) came to church with us.
Said he would bring whole family next week.

Thurs Sept 15
We had his family over to dinner. We have to go pick them up in shifts. First his wife L...... and the 2 girls N.......a (7) and M.........a (4). I stay home with them while Ron goes back and picks up W........ and the 3 boys J....... (13), K........ (11) and N....... (2). They live about 3 ½ big blocks around the corner from us so it does not take long to get back and forth.
We had Lasagna, mixed veggie and lettuce salad for dinner. I kept hearing the kids say "mmm, tasty. They asked for seconds. W....... ended up scraping the lasagna pan clean (almost). And for dessert I made mine and Valerie's famous caramel popcorn. They loved it.  W........ was sure stuffed when he got done eating.    They stayed and visited and the kids played.    They acted very comfortable.
In the following week, Ron was going through all the notes and records left from the sister Missionaries that used to live here. They had a note about W......... and his girl friend that was expecting in Dec. Humm, L...... had mentioned to me that she decided that she did not want to marry W..... for at least 2 yrs before making a choice.     She had such a bad relationship with her last husband and wanted to make sure W........ did not treat her that way too.     But she has been with W...... for 11 months and she says that he has been so gentle and good to both her and the kids and does fun things with them not like her ex.     She is very pleased with him.    I don't know what all this will mean if they do all get active in the church. There will be a lot of changes, including a wedding.

L....... is expecting twins in December. W........ told Ron that he wants him to bless the babies because he is from America.   (Ron that is)    W.......  always says "God Bless America".
W....... said that the whole family would come to church on Sunday.

Sunday Sept 18th
we went to pick them up again for church and only W....... and his 2 step-daughters came.    He said that L......'s parents were coming and so she wanted to stay home to visit with them.
The girls were very good in church and they seemed to like Primary very much.    this is the first time ever they have come to church.

Thurs Sept 22
, we invited them to dinner again.    W......... said he would call on Wed night if they could.    Well, he did not call.     Thursday Ron called him 3 different times and there was no answer. We even went over there and there was no one home.
Finally around 5:00 pm Ron went back over and the kids were outside.     He stopped to talk to them and they asked if they were coming over to our house.    They were excited.    They wanted to come. W....... and L..... then came home in a Taxi and said yes they could come.
Ron came home and told me they would be here at 6:30 pm.    Talk about rush rush.    He had told me to act like they were coming all along today, so I had made a Tator Tot Casserole, but by 5 pm, I put it in the freezer.      I now had to turn on my fast act.     I took the casserole out of the freezer, and into the oven.     I turned up the heat.     I am not sure of this oven yet, and after burning the lasagna I hoped I would not burn this.
I started  making a 7 layer salad like I had planned.    I needed the bacon that was in the freezer.    I thawed it out slowly in the fry pan.     I did not think it was burning but smoke was pouring up from the stove.      Ron came in and said I was filling the whole house with smoke.     I checked the bacon.     I definitely was not burning it.     I moved the pan and found that the smoke was coming up through the burners from the casserole dripping over onto the heating elements in the oven.     Ron opened all the doors and some window.     He even got a fan to blow out the smoke.     Great.       I can't seem to make a decent meal when company comes.      I just haven't figured this oven out yet.
Oh, no, I was positive  I had  bought some Mayo sometime.      I did not find any so Ron ran to the corner store and bought some.    When I got to that part of the recipe it called for 2 cups and the bottle that Ron bought was only 1 cup.    So I halved the recipe.     The salad was not as big as I usually make at home so ½ was enough.      Then I remembered I had to cook an egg for the top of it.    I put that on the stove and went to change clothes.

6:30 pm
I was ready, salad and all, excluding the egg on top.     The house was aired out good enough. I put the egg in cold water to let it cool and we went to go pick up L..... and 2 of the kids.
We brought L.... and 2 kids over first and then Ron went back to get W....... and the other 3 kids.
Nicholas (2) went straight for the toy cars that we had bought a couple weeks earlier.    They played with them last week too.     N........a wanted to play with the Lego's that we had also bought.
While waiting for Ron to go back and get W....... and the other 3,  L..... was here with me.    She said she did not feel good last week and her parents were coming and that is why she did not come to church, but that she is planning on coming this Sunday.    I hope so.    It is our District conference. 
They came, they ate, and ate. W........... commented that the kids liked my food because it was different.     He says he only cooks meat for every meal.     The kids asked for seconds and W........ ate about 3rds and 4ths.
Then we had ice cream and the no bake oatmeal cookies.    they had asked Ron earlier if we were going to have that popcorn again.   they want the recipe. 
We played UNO with the kids.     W......... and L..... did not want to play.     They sat on the couch just acting like they were enjoying being here.     W........ even fell asleep.     About 8:30 pm we ended the games and decided it was time to go home.
While Ron was taking W....... and the 3 boys home, M........a, the youngest girl wanted to look at my family calendar again.     This is the big calender that Michelle made us with everyone birthday pictures in it.     She looked through it and then wanted to go through it again.     N......a wanted to look at it too. M.......a finally gave it to her.      I found a Friend magazine and let M.........a look at it for awhile. Then she went and found an Ensign.      (our apartment was furnished magazines and card and BofM.)  She flipped through it.    Then she found a Book of Mormon.    She acted really interested in it. She is only 4 or 5 yrs old.     Then N.......a who is 7 yrs old found a Book of Mormon.    They wanted to keep them.     Ron told them that they could.     They were so excited.     N.......a then found some pass along cards and asked what they were.     Ron told them that if she would have her mommy call the number on the card they would send them a free movie.    She was excited about that too.     She wanted to keep the card and use it as a book mark.     She said she was going to keep this book real nice and all to herself.     She acted like she would really treasure this book.     I told her she could read it too.      I opened  to the first page of Nephi and asked her what the first word was. "I" she said.    I told her how to say Nephi and told her that it was a mans name.     Then Ron was ready to take them home.
It surprised both me and Ron that L...... just sits on the couch and talks after he comes back and does not seem in any hurry to leave and get home.     They both feel so comfortable here.
Even after taking L....... home she stayed outside and acted like she did not want to go in.    I told her I would see her on Sunday.     She said she would be ready.
I hope W....... will continue to have the desire to have the gospel in his life again.    And make these kids and L...... his eternal family.     He keeps saying that he wants too. 
On the way home from taking L...... and the girls, I told Ron, that we could say "We gave away 2 Book of Mormon's today"

No comments:

Post a Comment