A little about the D........'s. They are about Ron and my age. They have 5 grown children which all are inactive. Maybe 1 might be active. I am not sure. I think Bro. D....... was a Branch President once. He is now inactive. Bro. D's mother, O......., lives with them and is not a member. She must be in her 80's and is such a sweet lady. Sis. D....... is very active. She leads the music in Sacrament meeting. She says that O....... goes to the church with her on Thursdays and helps clean every week. But she will not come on Sundays. Sis. D...... said that O......... is so afraid of water that she will not be baptized. She says Sis. D..... can do it for her after she dies.
The dinner was very delicious. She made a cake pan full of something she calls, yummy dinner. It had sliced carrots, potatoes, onions, and hamburger all cooked together. With I think, Mushroom soup and cheese on top. It was very delicious. She also had steamed broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes and zucchini.
Now let me tell you about cheese. I think I told you that Cheddard Cheese is called "Tasty cheese". well, they do not color it like in America. All the cheeses are the color of Swiss Cheese. So meals look a little Albino looking. I made some upside down meat pie with the cheese on it. To me it looked a little sick. But it did taste good. That is what counts.
O........ went into the bedroom and brought out a pair of knitted bed booties. She gave them to me. She says she loves to knit and loves to give the things she knits away. They are colored a variegated pink. Wow, that was so nice of her.
Bro. D....... loves his genealogy. Both he and Sis. D....... are such talkers that we did not have to hardly make conversation at all. That was good for me. They both talked mostly about Genealogy. Bro. D....... has 5 monitors up around his desk so he can have opened many programs at once.
The dinner was very delicious. She made a cake pan full of something she calls, yummy dinner. It had sliced carrots, potatoes, onions, and hamburger all cooked together. With I think, Mushroom soup and cheese on top. It was very delicious. She also had steamed broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes and zucchini.
Now let me tell you about cheese. I think I told you that Cheddard Cheese is called "Tasty cheese". well, they do not color it like in America. All the cheeses are the color of Swiss Cheese. So meals look a little Albino looking. I made some upside down meat pie with the cheese on it. To me it looked a little sick. But it did taste good. That is what counts.
O........ went into the bedroom and brought out a pair of knitted bed booties. She gave them to me. She says she loves to knit and loves to give the things she knits away. They are colored a variegated pink. Wow, that was so nice of her.
Bro. D....... loves his genealogy. Both he and Sis. D....... are such talkers that we did not have to hardly make conversation at all. That was good for me. They both talked mostly about Genealogy. Bro. D....... has 5 monitors up around his desk so he can have opened many programs at once.
I would like to make good friend with this family. Having Bro. D....... showing me how to do genealogy and O...... teaching me some knitting and maybe coming to Relief Society and helping teach on Sept 24. the Relief Society is having a knitting teaching time that day.
We shall see
No comments:
Post a Comment