Ok, Charles was the only one that was brave enough to tell me that the driving back and forth in the driveway did not count as actually DRIVING.
Alright, now for my second lesson in driving.
Mon Sept 19, 2011
I thought that we were headed out on a trip to Cowra. But Ron drove straight over to Lake Canobolas with roads going all around it. He said "today there will be no one there" Just as we drove in I could see 2 cars (parked) And right then 2 mores cars drove in. "No one here huh?" He got out and said I was driving around the lake.
The roads were only one lane wide, bumpy and curvy. "Ok", I said, and got into the drivers seat. I drove around the roads and then back to the parking lot. "There I did it" I told him. He just said, "around again" "Oh, bother", as Winnie the Pooh would say.
So I drove around the lake again. 5 km/h.
I was trying to stay on the left side of a one lane road. Well, let me tell you, it can't be done. At least without wiping the left side of the car off with the bushes and such. Ron was sitting there calmly with his window opened and arm resting on the ledge of it. And getting it wiped off too. But he said nothing. He didn't even move his arm. I drove back to the parking lot and said "ok, this time I did it" and then I got out.
Then on Tues Sept 20 we drove to Dubbo, a 2 hr trip. He made me drive back home. I drove the whole 2 hours.
Rules that have been told to us were flying through my brain.
1. Hug the inside white line (this road was one of the few that had a shoulder on the sides and there was a white line on the outside, and boy did I hug it.)\
2. If you are about to hit a Wombat, don't swerve.
3. Remember, if a kangaroo darts out into the road, he will always dart back the same way he came.
I was so tense and held on with both hand so tightly that my fingers ached. My shoulders ached and my back ached, but I made it home.
OK, NOW I HAVE DRIVEN IN AUSTRALIA. Does this count, Charles?
Alright, now for my second lesson in driving.
Mon Sept 19, 2011
I thought that we were headed out on a trip to Cowra. But Ron drove straight over to Lake Canobolas with roads going all around it. He said "today there will be no one there" Just as we drove in I could see 2 cars (parked) And right then 2 mores cars drove in. "No one here huh?" He got out and said I was driving around the lake.
The roads were only one lane wide, bumpy and curvy. "Ok", I said, and got into the drivers seat. I drove around the roads and then back to the parking lot. "There I did it" I told him. He just said, "around again" "Oh, bother", as Winnie the Pooh would say.
So I drove around the lake again. 5 km/h.
I was trying to stay on the left side of a one lane road. Well, let me tell you, it can't be done. At least without wiping the left side of the car off with the bushes and such. Ron was sitting there calmly with his window opened and arm resting on the ledge of it. And getting it wiped off too. But he said nothing. He didn't even move his arm. I drove back to the parking lot and said "ok, this time I did it" and then I got out.
Then on Tues Sept 20 we drove to Dubbo, a 2 hr trip. He made me drive back home. I drove the whole 2 hours.
Rules that have been told to us were flying through my brain.
1. Hug the inside white line (this road was one of the few that had a shoulder on the sides and there was a white line on the outside, and boy did I hug it.)\
2. If you are about to hit a Wombat, don't swerve.
3. Remember, if a kangaroo darts out into the road, he will always dart back the same way he came.
I was so tense and held on with both hand so tightly that my fingers ached. My shoulders ached and my back ached, but I made it home.
OK, NOW I HAVE DRIVEN IN AUSTRALIA. Does this count, Charles?
No comments:
Post a Comment