Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fwd: [family] shopping day

We went shopping again for food. This Sunday the Branch will be having a potluck luncheon.
I took some recipes to the store to see what I could buy to make them.
Here is the following recipies and what I found.

Tator tot casserole
- No cheddar cheese soup Grape Broccoli salad- grapes were product of USA and EXPENSIVE Curly chip salad- no curly chips or anything to sub that I could figure out, humm didn't even look for catalina dressing frog eyed salad- no Acini de pepe, so I am using Risoni, a rice shaped pasta.
AND the only marshmallows I finally found were medium sized, pink, white, yellow and orange, mixed in one package.    I could not find just white in a package.   I guessed that I could cut them up and maybe  they wouldn't look too bad in the salad.   I bought 2 packs because the packs were so small. They are packaged like candy and hanging on the racks in the candy section.
I ended up deciding to make the frog eyed salad using the "Rosini" with pink and white medium sized marshmallows (cut up). Except it will look more like cat-eyed salad.
We will have to do a bit of traveling, so Ron wants to keep a bag of work clothes and shoes in the car incase of an emergency. I thought that if we have to get out and walk then I would need some clothes too and some shoes. I only have one P-day shoes and so I don't want them in the car.
While downtown I looked for some CHEAP shoes. We had hopes at Payless shoes. The shoes were so wide that I could put both of my feet in them. Well, not quite, but almost. The cheapest canvas shoes they had were $20. Ron said that didn't sound too bad (for Australia). He then asked if they were comfortable. With both feet in one shoe, ha. No way. And besides the souls were as hard as the pavement. I don't think I could walk very far in them. We looked at some mens canvas shoes. Their souls were soft and spongy. Not fair. But of course, both feet in one shoe? Well, I could hop a little more comfortable.   But still!   I don't think I would get very far.   We left there and went to K-Mart.

K-Mart
had some canvas shoes for $5. Now that is more my price.   But huge or what? I usually wear 9 ½.    Here shoes don't come in half sizes let alone narrow.   The 9's were humongous on me.  they were in the womens section, so I don't know what to think .    I ended up getting size 7.   They were comfortable enough for an emergency especially at that price.    They were just the canvas ones with ties, so I could sinch them up.    We bought them, looked around for other things that we could not find and left.  

No comments:

Post a Comment