Thursday, November 3, 2011

Teaching Winston

We went to Winston's tonight  Thur. Nov 3, to give them a gosepl lesson. Elder Tietjen said it was teach only.   So we got ourselves some dinner.    We were not very hungry so I just fixed a half of a sandwich for each and the last of the left over fruit salad that we have been having all week.
I then made some popcorn for our snack when we got home.
We went to Winston's to give the family the lesson.    Winston was out in the back yard.    The aroma of steak was in the air.    I looked at Elder Tietjen and said "smells like steaks".
We were welcomed into the house and Winston came in and said he did a barbeque for us. "Oh, no".     Elder Tietjen said "mmm yum".
Winston always stays outside doing the barbeque while we are giving the kids and Lee the lesson.    They seem to be real receptive and have questions. They seem to like what we are telling them. We challenged them to come to church. They said they would. Last Sunday, only Winston came.
After the lesson, again Winston dished up the plates.
On each plate was 1 large steak, 1 lg piece of chicken, 2 long skewers packed with chicken pieces, 2 Prawns, (have attached a picture), and a scoop each of the following: lettuce salad, macaroni salad, pickled beets, and corn. This time while Winston was still dishing up I told Elder Tietjen to quickly take one plate full back and bring an empty plate because we would share. No way was I going to force myself this time. Especially since we had just eaten.
I ate 1 skewer of the chicken (delicious) some macaroni salad, lettuce salad, 1 slice of beet, and a couple bites of corn. I was done. Elder Tietjen tried a Prawn, but no way was I going to be that brave. I was stuffed. Later he said he did not like it.
Winston kept telling me to go get more that there was plenty. No way. Uhg. When Elder Tietjen said he could not eat any more, leaving the steak, chicken and 1 prawn, Winston said he would have to call the police. He was just joking. He is Tongan and Lee says she has never seen any people ever that can eat like those Tongan's.
So much for my snack of popcorn. Tomorrow maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment