Saturday, October 15, 2011

All in a Days work

Friday Oct 14, 2011
Every morning now for a few weeks, across our front room carpet, we have seen shiny shimmery slivers of what looks like threads of Saran plastic Wrap.    But when you go to pick it up, it disintegrates to the touch of your fingers.    What in the world is this we thought?    We could see it strung across the room and back and forth and around here and around there.    Under the table over by the couch.    Some places had bigger spots rather than just thread like shimmers.   I looked it up on the internet as having shiny streaks on carpet and all I could find is some articles about Slugs. Slugs? I thought.    Where in the world would a Slug come from?    The lines went straight to the corner of the sliding glass door. Well, not really straight, but they made their way back to the corner. "We would rub them away each day and each morning they would come from the same corner. OOOO, a slug in the house?,    oooooo gross.    We hunted and hunted everywhere not being able to find any critters that might be making them.
Last night I told Elder Tietjen that we should sleep on the couch in the living room to see if we could see the slug ball going on.   He just laughed and we went to bed.
Today we stayed home most of the day.   We had scheduled 4:00 pm to go to W.........'s home and teach our 1st lesson to the family.
We studied and got pictures and such all ready for the lesson.
We did get a shopping list together and went to town for car parts and a lot of groceries.   We were out of a lot of things.   We shopped Woolsworth's today.    I don't know any of the grocery stores well enough yet to find things and so it takes so long.    Elder Tietjen  gets so worn out shopping at a grocery store.    I don't like going shopping with other people.   I like to take my own time trying to find things and not boring others.   But he is enduring.
We then came home and had some lunch and Elder Tietjen fell asleep on the floor.   With the slug? Oooooo.
I studied and got more pictures ready for my lesson that I will be teaching Monday evening at Lisa's home with her 4 yr old Rhys.
At 2:30 Elder Tietjen took our car into a car dealer repair place just down across the street a ways to get it inspected.   We are suppose to have it inspected before we can get the final registration for it.   We have been fearing that because the cover over the air bag is curled up that we may have to have that replaced and it may cost us a lot.    It was to take the man about 45 min to do the inspection.    Elder Tietjen walked home and again fell asleep.    I don't mind, it gives me more time to study at my speed.
W......... called and cancelled our night together.    After teaching the lesson we were going to have a barbeque with them.    He said that L..... was not feeling well.    I don't think I would feel well either with expecting Twins in December and so overly over weight.
So we spent the rest of the day organizing our lessons and visual aids.   At least me, Elder Tietjen was still asleep.    Elder Tietjen will be teaching Lu, Li Li and Halery on Sunday nights and then at Tasha's home on Monday nights.
Elder Tietjen was awaken with some strange message on his phone that we could not figure out.   Something about covering the Payneham and weather permitting will uncover at 9 am.   Well, I do think they got the wrong number.    I looked up Payneham and it is a town.   So I have no idea what that was about.  It was now 4:15 pm. He commented that the guy had not called about the car being done, so at 4:30 pm he finally got up and walked over to the place.    The guy said he was just about to call him.    Whew, the air bags passed.    But we do have to replace the rubber bushings that hold the sway bar in place.    That will cost about $200.    Charles where are you when we need you?
We then spent more time on our lessons and pictures until 9:30 pm.
We decide to rest and take a break by watching a movie.   I know we should have gone to bed right?    We watch "The Inheritance".    Thanks to Wayne he put  a whole bunch of movies onto my external hard drive.    We did not know what this one was so we decided to watch it.
We slid the couch up to the desk and played the movie on my little tiny lap top.   For some reason Elder Tietjen's computer will not play the movies.    So we endure with my little one.    I don't mind it so much.    We are close enough that it is like sitting in the back at the movies.    Well, maybe, not, but it isn't too bad.
It was a very enjoyable movie.     It got over around 11:30pm  and as I was gathering my blanket up off of me, I happened to look down at the floor.    In the dimly lit room, from porch and computer light only, I could see a little dark spot on the floor under the chair that I had my legs resting upon.   It kind of looked like a cat had come and done it's thing.    Since we don't have a cat and I knew there was no dark spot under my chair before, I reached down and touched it. OOOOOOOO, it was so slimy.    I grabbed my hand away and told Elder Tietjen to hurry and turn on the lights.    He did.   
Oh, my goodness,right  there was our party animal, the SLUG.    AND I TOUCHED IT!!! Gross.    Was he big or was he big.   They grow things BIG here in Australia.    Remember the mushroom that was about 8 or 9 in across.    Well this thing was about 3 in. long.    I told Elder Tietjen to hurry and get a napkin or paper towel.    He did.    I was thinking "down the toilet this critter is going" but I did not say it out loud.  Elder Tietjen can't even kill a spider so I knew he could not drown a slug.    He gathered it up and took it outside someplace.    He said clear across someplace to throw it into the grass.    Well, we have no grass at our apartment so I don't know where he took it.    But at least it is finally out of our house. Good riddance. Ooo shudder shudder.
All's well that ends well

No comments:

Post a Comment